Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

JEHOVAH IS HIS NAME!

Times without number I’ve been at death’s door,
My body so sick all I could do was lay on the floor;
As doctor after doctor, perplexed and confused,
Said we’ve tried all we know, you've even been transfused;
But I could hear the tremor in their voices, see the fear in their eyes,
They didn’t believe I’d make it, that’s what I realized;
So I cried out to my God, I said, “If Jehovah is Your name,
Come be Jehovah Rapha, and down He came!”
He picked me up, healed my body and then He set me free,
And I’d just like to tell you why He did this for me:

‘Cos He’s God and He is good, Jehovah Rapha is His name,
Cancer, Anaemia, AIDS, etcetera, to Him they’re all the same;
There’s no disease He cannot cure,
Of this I am certain, I’m absolutely sure;
When I was standing at death’s door, and the devil said “It’s over!”
I said “It's not over till i WIN!" ‘cos I know Jehovah!
Yesterday, today and forever, this God is the same,
He’s the almighty omnipotent King, and Jehovah is His name!

See there’ve been times when I couldn’t pay the rent,
Every dollar, dime and penny had all been spent;
The only food I had was the tears I shed as I lay down at night,
And even though I felt like giving up, I knew I just had to fight;
So I said “Lord, you fed the Israelites, for them you made a way;
You promised to supply all my needs, come be Jehovah Jireh today;”
And just when I thought it was too late, and that I’d lost this war,
You know what my God did? - He sent a check to my door!

‘Cos He’s God and He is good, Jehovah Jireh is His name,
There’s no need He can’t meet, abundant provision’s the ‘name of His game;’
Yes He’s Jehovah, rest assured, there’s no bill He can’t pay,
He’s God and I know, He will always make a way!
So whatever you face, whatever your need, be it great or small,
He’ll be your Jehovah as He is mine, and He’ll cover it all!
Yesterday, today and forever, He’s God, He stays the same,
He’s God all by Himself, and Jehovah is His name!

2 comments:

  1. As far as 2010 goes I can summarize it in one simple phrase "Never could've made it without You, Lord!"
    Eternally Grateful for the breath in my nostrils! I made it! Halleluyah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Fex! May He continue to show Himself strong on your behalf sweetie. you're blessed and highly favoured!

    ReplyDelete